Sunday, January 29, 2017

Shy's Review ~ Gravity by Lauren Runow

GravityGravity by Lauren Runow
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

description

To say that this book took me on an emotional journey would be an understatement. I read this book in a constant state of anticipation, waiting to see what would come next and not wanting to put it down until I had learned where every twist and turn would lead.

In this story you have Trevin and Lily. Friends since they were 8 years old, next door neighbors until they were 18, and a gravitational pull for each other, even when their worlds were spinning out of control. Through the years they grow up, both together and separate, but always and constantly aware of the other.

There were so many things I loved about this story. It was full of angst without being full of tears. It was well written and had these amazing, loveable, complex characters. Trevin went through so much and his childhood was hard. Lily was his lifeboat in a sea of loneliness and pain. Trevin's experiences shaped him and had lasting effects, some of which weren't good. But who he was deep down I couldn't help loving. Lily was so strong, in a quiet, dependable, light in the dark kind of way. Some of her experiences were just as hard but vastly different. She wasn't the in your face, take charge kind of leading lady, but the way she gave so much and yet still found the strength to make the hard choices to be who she needed to be just had me connecting to her from beginning to end.

This may be a new to me author but I am already adding more of her books to my tbr list so I can see what else she's written and I can only hope that I will find another fantastic read just like this one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment