Saturday, February 18, 2017

Diane's Review ~ Between Heaven And Hell: A Vitale Mafia Story by Erin Trejo

Between Heaven And Hell: A Vitale Mafia StoryBetween Heaven And Hell: A Vitale Mafia Story by Erin Trejo
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description
Dark mafia… oh the chills… and feels….
This genre has, straight up, some of the most twisted and dark stories I have ever read. Granted, my world was Nancy Drew for many, many years but still… There is, however, mafia and mafia. Like any ‘type’ of story there are flavours to be found in even the most niche of subjects with spectrums from light to dark, violence to comedy, etc, etc. For this one…. Hang onto your nightlights, it is going to be a dark night…
Cordae “Demon” Vitale did not earn his name by selling Girl Scout cookies. (I hope not!) Yet at the same time, I couldn’t help but feel for the turmoil he felt. He was no choir boy but that didn’t mean there was another side to him… When he is usually the one causing the turmoil, having his own emotions involved meant this strong, and (at times) unfeeling, man became anything but…
Ava, given her family, must be a pampered princess. Of course she must. Getting past the surface though meant seeing who she really was. And finding someone entirely different…
This story was powerful in a message of love and strength, about things that aren’t what they seem. There is intrigue, violence, betrayal and at the heart of it, an anti-sweet romance. This is two books in one – with both parts included – and thank goodness for that because the cliffhanger at the end of the first half would have otherwise induced kindle-worthy Olympic-event throwing! The story was intense. I may have wanted to feel the characters’ emotions a bit more at times however I couldn’t help but get caught up in their love, their lives, and their search for more.
“In every darkness there has to be a light.”
A new author for me and I’m hooked!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment