Monday, February 6, 2017

Erin's Review ~ Anything You Can Do by R.S. Grey

Anything You Can DoAnything You Can Do by R.S. Grey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description
Daisy and Lucas have known each other for their entire lives. No one really knows what happened to turn them into nemeses but their lifelong war is well known. When they both return home, after eleven years apart, to take over the town medical practice, they're in for the battle of their lives. One that just might lead to love, that is, if they can stop trying to drive the each other crazy first.
I have read just about everything Grey has written and I've loved them all. I was so excited to get my hands on this book. I have to admit, I struggled with this one at the beginning. I had a difficult time connecting with Daisy. She was extremely hard to like at times. While I did enjoy the banter between the two and the tension it created, her desire to be the best, to win at all cost, was infuriating at times, especially when I could see that there was so much more going on. Eventually, we are shown a different side to Daisy and we see the internal conflict that she struggles with. This created a new dynamic between her and Lucas, one that was both entertaining and super sexy. Lucas could definitely give just as good as he got, but there was always something a little different about him and Daisy. I was intrigued to see how everything would play out.
Grey knows how to write romantic comedy. Her witty dialogue, laugh out loud antics, and beyond steamy scenes completely drew me in. While I didn't love some aspects of this story as much as usually do with her books, once I started reading, I was unable to put it down. For me, Lucas completely stole the show in this one. His emails had me teary and his rawness and vulnerability was refreshing. I couldn't get enough of him.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment