Monday, February 6, 2017

Erin's Review ~ Body of The Crime by R. Scarlett

Body of The Crime (Blackest Gold, #2)Body of The Crime by R. Scarlett
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

description
A roller coaster ride of ups and downs, Body of the Crime was an intense follow up to Vein of Love.
Action and suspense woven throughout created a fast-paced and engaging story. We are finally getting to see a different side of these characters. I loved so much of this book but, like the first book, I struggled with many aspects as well. The fact that Tensley and Molly didn't become a serious couple until around sixty percent of this book and even then there were issues between them, caused a bit of a disconnect for me. Tensely's inability to commit, despite his feelings was growing tiresome. While I understood why he might feel this way, it was hard to still be dealing with this so far into the second book of the series. That being said, I very much enjoyed the evolution of Molly. While she may hold on to some insecurities, she's growing stronger and more confident in her abilities.
Scarlett filled this book with exciting and nerve wracking action, it was enthralling. Danger lurking around every corner had me on the edge of my seat. Amidst the intensity of the action, suspense, and uncertain relationship between Tensley and Molly, loyalties are tested and heartache is inevitable.
Scarlett, once again, leaves us eager for more!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment