Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Erin's Review ~ Defy by L.J. Shen

Defy (Sinners of Saint, #0.5)Defy by L.J. Shen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

description
I've read every book that LJ Shen has released and every single time I finish one, I'm in awe and so in love with every word. She has a way of pushing my boundaries and making me just a little uncomfortable. Each of her stories elicits such strong emotions out of me and I find myself completely immersed in her characters and their journeys.
Melody Greene is just drifting through life. Her dream to be a dancer is over so she does what she has to to get by. Biding her time at All Saints High, dispassionate and disinterested, until suddenly, there's something more. Something that wakes her up. I appreciated Mel's sass and strength. She wasn't unaffected by those around her but she didn't let it shape her and break her down.
Jamie Followhill, rich, spoiled, arrogant, and the Principal's son. Jamie and his friends, the HotHoles, can do no wrong at All Saints. Once he sets his sights on something, or someone, there's no stopping him. Even if what he wants is his teacher. I was drawn to him and his contradictions; both assertive yet vulnerable, aggressive yet laid back, cold yet thoughtful. This man stole my heart.
Worlds apart but both missing something, something vital. Their connection, unmistakable and their chemistry, sizzling! Super sexy but also incredibly sweet, I couldn't put it down.
As always, Shen's beautifully crafted story and vivid prose grabbed ahold of me. I was captivated by the excitement and risk of their forbidden relationship. Held captive by what could be, and on the edge of my seat, waiting for the inevitable crash. Shen has cemented herself on the top of my must read list.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment