Monday, February 6, 2017

Erin's Review ~ Million Baller Baby by Rie Warren

Million Baller Baby (Bad Boy Ballers, #1)Million Baller Baby by Rie Warren
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

Rafe Macintyre is Carolina Crush's star QB, but this season has been anything but stellar. Peyton Fox steps in to take over ownership of the Crush after the loss of her father. Coming in after a disgraceful season, she is determined to get the team back on track and winning games, even if that means facing Rafe again. Spending time together after their one night stand years ago, they are finding that the chemistry they had is still coursing between them. With a history that's far from history, will Peyton give in to her desires or will she let her fears stand in the way?
Peyton and Rafe were enjoyable and endearing characters. I loved that they were both determined, driven, and intense. They worked hard to make the team succeed. Off the field, I enjoyed the sexual tension and mutual attraction. Their connection was undeniable and watching Peyton try and resist was entertaining.
While the drama was never over the top, some aspects seemed hard to believe. I would think the team would have some knowledge of the owners daughter but it seemed none of them knew anything about her. It was just a bit odd to me. I was also surprised at how quickly things moved and were accepted at times. That being said, I enjoyed the storyline and liked that it didn't feel manufactured. I can't stand when authors pile on issue after issue and I'm glad to say that Warren didn't do that.
This story and it's characters kept me engaged and intrigued. The interactions between Peyton and Rafe, as well as between the guys on the team, were both humorous and sweet. I loved seeing them all together, like a big family. The interesting twists Warren presented had me turning page after page. I'm excited to see that this is the first book in a new series and I can't wait to see who is next!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment