Monday, February 6, 2017

Erin's Review ~ War Poppy by Nicole Lynne

War PoppyWar Poppy by Nicole Lynne
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

description

Every so often there is a book that reaches inside of you and imprints itself on your soul, this is one of them. War Poppy isn't a light and easy read. It was intense and complex, much like its characters. War changes people, those who fight in it and those effected by it. Some never truly leave. Within this story we see two people battling for a new normal while wading through grief and guilt.
Forever changed by his experiences, Brandon was a broken man. Day in and day out, battling the demons that accompany war and trauma. His struggle was real and painful. Poppy was fiercely loyal and determined. While she may be a bit broken herself, she pushed forward, refusing to give up or let go. My heart broke for these two, desperately trying to claw their way back to happiness and love.
War Poppy was filled with so much dark and even darker with little patches of light scattered throughout. The whole book was emotional, devastating at times. Even the good times were tough because they were surrounded by so much pain and heartache. Those glimpses of light and color were so hard fought for, yet in some ways, not quite enough.
This book was profound and elicited a range of emotions from me. I was weeping and clutching my chest at times, while also feeling hopeful and smiling at the love and connection between these two. I found myself lost in the journey of these tragically beautiful characters. The impact of this story is something that will stay with me.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment