Monday, February 6, 2017

Jess's Review ~ Acer by Lilly Atlas

Acer (No Prisoners MC #3)Acer by Lilly Atlas
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description
Suspenseful, with a touch of darkness, sexy, and so good.

This is the second book in this series that I have read and while they can all be read stand-alone, I enjoy knowing where my other characters came from and there really is no reason you shouldn't go back to the beginning. Acer (Adam) is not your typical MC member and Fia (Serafina) is not your typical princess.

The back stories for both of our main characters were fresh and different and I love reading a book where someone has a story that is not the same as everyone else's. Acer comes from money and is well educated but circumstances brought him to the No Prisoners MC where he can put his good education and fists to good use. Fia comes from a privileged family but her life choices have turned her into the black sheep of society. One night at a benefit these two society outsiders find each other and make the most of their time together. Then months later they find each other again only things go terribly wrong. Fia, once vibrant and sassy becomes edgy and stuck in her own head. Acer while trying to figure out his father's next move becomes her rock, even though he decided a long time ago never to trust anyone with anything.

This was just a great story. Acer is a sexy character and Fia is, for the most part, just full of life. Watching her come back to herself was at times heartbreaking because she tries so hard but fear rules her psyche. Like all good MC books there is stuff going down with the club and this time it is partly due to who Acer was before he became who he is now. Atlas weaves a solid story that you just can't help but get lost in. I would know as I finished this at some ungodly hour because I couldn't put it down. I can't wait for more from this MC as all of these characters have me intrigued and quite smitten.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment