Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Jess's Review ~ Four Crows by Lily White

Four CrowsFour Crows by Lily White
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

description

I really loved this book; it was all of my favorite things wrapped into one. It was suspenseful, bloody, raw, full of dark emotions, and forbidden chemistry.

I am not a newcomer to Lily White's writing and I was literally jumping for joy when I heard about this one. She creates these stories that suck you into their depths and don't let go even after you are out of pages. I finished this book a number of days ago and it's still lingering around in my head and making moving on all but impossible.

Elliot is on a mission and has been on this mission for 14 long years. His life was destroyed and he can't move on until he puts an end to it and finds the answers he has been searching for. He is smart and calculating but beyond broken. He finally gets the break he has been waiting for only to find something unexpected along the way. Maggie, while only 18 is an old soul. She has seen horrors no one else should, she loves her family even when she shouldn't and has been the victim of a game she doesn't yet understand. She has always wanted more from her life but didn't know that something more was out there until a stranger breaks down outside of her house.

The journey that you go on with Maggie and Elliot is not for the faint of heart. The answers are not pretty and the things one will do in the name of love are not kind. I spent much of this book holding my breath and on the edge of my seat. To say it was intense is putting it mildly. I became lost to these two characters and Lily doesn't not hold back on the details. There is no "fade to black" it is all out there leaving no room to question what they saw or felt, and see and feel you do. This book was something that will stay with my long after this mediocre review is written and other books come and go.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment