Sunday, February 12, 2017

Jess's Review ~ Plus One by M.N. Forgy

Plus OnePlus One by M.N. Forgy
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

This was fun and flirty type of read and something totally unexpected from this author. I have read her before and she is usually dark and gritty with a side of humor. This was light and fun with a large dose of laughs.

We start of with Rae's disaster and her escaping said disaster through the window only to be rescued by Max. OH Max...with his heart under wraps and his banana underwear. Rae decides that she is going to make the most of her life and give up on the male species indefinitely until Max comes storming in looking for a plus one.

What starts as a fake relationship to appease the mothers turns into an adventure neither expected. With side characters that make the story more well-rounded. Incidents that made me giggle and two people fumbling through this fake relationship. I liked that they were very different characters; but both down-to-earth and found enjoyment in the simple things. I really enjoyed this book. It was short and a nice afternoon read. I liked that the drama was not drawn out nor a major part of the story line. I did feel like I was more connected with Rae's character than with Max's even though this is told from dual POV. I look forward to seeing what other funness Missy comes up with because I will be sure to follow.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment