Monday, February 20, 2017

Jess's Review ~ Ripple Effect: Episode 1 by Keri Lake

Ripple Effect:  Episode 1 (Ripple Effect, #1)Ripple Effect: Episode 1 by Keri Lake
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

description

I am not a stranger to this author and I knew I would be in for a dark and dangerous ride. So I dive in,with my flashlight at the ready. Immediately we are thrown into the dark streets and dark lives of Ripley and Dylan. Two people, completely unconnected until their paths cross and then each one's decisions are about to effect their futures.

Dylan is young but she has seen and lived more in her 17 years than most adults ever do. Counting the days until she turns 18 so she can escape the tragedy that is her life. Ridiculous smarts gone to waste by terrible circumstances, she only finds some peace in a haze and moments of Friday nights. Through a series of unfortunate events she finds herself on the streets, attempting to survive and face-to-face with Rip.

Ripley is a killer; methodical, cold, detached from any sort of relationship. He has one job and he does it with disgustingly fascinating precision. He doesn't have friends, he doesn't have a family and he has zero ties to anyone. He doesn't stick around for long and no one will ever know where his loyalties lie. And then along comes this girl and things are about to get even more interesting.

Keri has a way about her writing that brings the story to life and in this case it was with a lot of blood and gore. I found myself holding my breath, closing my eyes and then growling at anyone who dared disturb me. This was a quick read but packed a lot of detail and set up our characters for the rest of the series. There was no love to found in these pages, nor any glimmer of light, just a dark tale that left me looking for more pages.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment