Monday, February 6, 2017

Jess's Review ~ Ruthless by Gina L. Maxwell

Ruthless (Playboys in Love, #2)Ruthless by Gina L. Maxwell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

If you are looking for a smoking hot read with a good story then this one is for you...did I mention it was was smoking hot?!?!?

Roman aka Ruthless is a smart, intense lawyer by day and a tattooed, pierced, domineering stripper by night. The contradiction between professional and personal life is something fantasies are made for. Roman had me at scene one. With his, friends of friends are off-limits and dirty alley escapades. He has particular tastes and kink and has never thought beyond a good time. He's not made for long-term or that "L" word. And then he meets Honey Badger Addison Pierce and bit by bit she gets to him.

Addison is my hero; smart, witty, and balls of steel. She knows what she wants and is career driven. She is breaking down Ruthless's wall with every click of her heel, even when he turns out to be her new boss. She separates her work from her play, even if at first she needs incentive to turn off the emails and close the case files. She is ready for a challenge and faces head-on.

Through the steamy pages of this book, Addie and Roman create an engaging tale of two people trying to figure out "what's next." I have enjoyed this author's work in the past and was so excited when I realized she had something new to bring us. I, for some reason, missed the first book in the series but it was not necessary to enjoy this one. I do feel like I need to go back and read it just because I want to know more about Chase and Jane. I am also looking forward to the next book and hoping that it is Austin's.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment