Thursday, February 9, 2017

Jess's Review ~ A Thousand Letters by Staci Hart

A Thousand LettersA Thousand Letters by Staci Hart
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

description

This is one of those books that I am going to have a hard time reviewing. It grabbed my attention and left me emotionally raw. Immediately you are sucked into the pain felt when losing someone close to you, followed by the soul crushing feelings of seeing the "one" again. The one that got away, the one that didn't understand and left you unsettled and stranded.

Wade and Elliot were once everything to each other. They should have had the fairy-tale until young hearts and minds destroyed that fantasy. Now years later they are brought together by tragedy. Watching the two of them go through what is coming while wading through their own issues touched me deep inside. This book was hard because these characters bare their whole beings and you can't help but get lost in what they are feeling.

Wade is not the same as he once was, hardened by war and time. He struggles to be the man he needs to be for his family and Elliot's constant presence isn't helping matters any. Elliot is this character that is strong but deserves so much more than she has been given. I hurt for her, I hated her family and hated the situation she found herself in.

This story was brought together by beautiful words and deep content. The author's words found their way inside me and took me on a journey. I read this in a day, only stopping to take a few much needed breaths and let my heart absorb what was going on. This author has again enraptured me with something a bit different and fantastic story-telling.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment