Thursday, February 9, 2017

Jess's Review ~ Trigger by L.P. Dover

TriggerTrigger by L.P. Dover
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

This story was an interesting blend of romance and suspense. I actually thought it was going to have a very different feel than it did which took me by surprise.

Preston's life changed when he was a in college, he fell off the face of the earth to calm the demons inside. He became a killer headed down a path of destruction until his mentor brings him home, not only because of a suspicious killing but also to pick up the pieces of a life he left long ago. Center-stage upon his arrival is the one person he never expected to see again, Emma.

Emma never expects to see the boy she loved long ago walking into her employer's home but when she gets nothing but ice from her past she is bound to either leave well-enough alone or make him tell her what happened.

Both Emma and Preston get caught up in the investigation surrounding the murdered girl and they attempt to put a stop to the person behind it. This book did not have the dark and foreboding feel that I was expecting. It was more adrenaline mixed with sweetness. I liked the suspense; the sleuthing and trying to figure out whodunit. I liked meeting the characters that we are likely going to see in the future and I enjoyed both Preston and Emma. I thought there were some things that resolved too easily and too quickly. I was waiting for resistance that never came, which made me feel ... unfulfilled at times. But the times where I wanted to hit the "that was easy" button didn't deter me from wanting to continuing to see what was going to happen next and find out how this was all going to play out.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment