Saturday, February 18, 2017

Jess's Review ~ Wicked Charming by Nazarea Andrews

Wicked Charming (Wicked Ever After, #1)Wicked Charming by Nazarea Andrews
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

description

I love fairy-tale retellings, especially when they are way more adult than the original. so I was super excited to get my hands on this. It was definitely an erotic retelling as we find the Kingdom to be a BDSM club and the ball to be a sub audition.

Charm is missing something in his world. He doesn't really want to take over for his father but knows he has to, he is bored in the one place he used to find joy and everyone is pressuring him to do something about it. But when the bartender catches his eye everything gets a lot more interesting. Celeste is a bit sassy but all the submissive that Charm is looking for, except she is the bartender. It seems like no one wants him to be happy, but demand he figure things out.

This story moved pretty quickly and I was at times a bit put-off by Mal's and even Charm's behavior. I didn't quite get the reasoning behind some of their actions. I also feel like I wanted more background from Celeste other than the little information we got about her. There was a lot of heat packed into the pages and story that had me interested. There was also enough chatter and happenings from the other characters to make me want to see what happens with them as well.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment