Saturday, February 18, 2017

Lynzi's Review ~ The Story of Us by D. Nichole King

The Story of UsThe Story of Us by D. Nichole King
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

☆☆☆☆1/2
~Lynzi~
Oh my cheese and sprinkles!! I could never, ever, handle being in the situation that is this book. My heart tore completely apart. So much pain. So much hurt. So much BS thrown their way.

'There’re blue hues among the reds, healing among the pain, peace among the fear. There’s hope.'

I'm gonna try and put this a way where it doesn't give anything away.

Alieya sees the world in a completely different way than other people do. She sees the world in colors. Pain, hurt, anger, passion, love, desire, are all a certain color. When life gets too hard and becomes too much, slowly her color disappears, leaving her in a world of grays. She's used to living her life in grays, so when she meets someone who lights up her world, she runs with it. Maverick paints her world like no other person ever has. He makes her feel things, she has never felt before. Things she never knew she was capable of feeling.

Maverick has alot going on in his life. Law school takes a lot of out him, but when there's a chance to go somewhere fret for spring break, he takes it. Good thing he does. He's walking on the beach, when he finds a damsel in distress and he can't help but come to her rescue. Even though his rescue isn't a success, he still scores time with her. Falling helplessly in love, isn't something he thought would happen. Neither did he think, that when the pieces of his life, finally fell into place, would it all crumble again.

'Who we were in Cancun isn't who we were a year ago, and who we were a year ago isn't who we are today. Somewhere in all that, life happened, and life's a bitch. A bitch who gives you the world, everything you could ever want, and then strips it away just when you think life couldn't get any more perfect."

This story jumps from the present to the past, which I normally don't like, but I quickly fell in love with this one. I loved the back and forth because it showed me where they were, where they again really now, and all the bad things to happen in between. This one was rough on my heart. I could never imagine, as a wife or mother, to go through so much, in such a short amount of time. But I absolutely loved loved loved their story.

'This is our story. Our messy, beautiful heartbreaking, wonderful story. And I don't want to miss a second of it- of us.'
<3 br="">
View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment