Friday, February 3, 2017

Release Blitz ~ #Review ~ A Touch of Lust by Michelle Horst

Title: A Touch of Lust
Author: Michelle Horst
Genre: Adult Romance
Release Date: February 2, 2017 

MILA

The way of the commune is the only way I know. Born into sin, I have to repent daily. 
If we follow the laws of the Brothers, our sins will be forgiven, and they will take us with them to The Promised Land. All I have been taught is that I’m bad, shameful and a whore. 
But, in the deepest part of my heart I can’t help but wonder about life. Is the way of The Order really the only way? 
I listen to the teachings. I watch my sisters as they dutifully do what they’re told.
With every passing day I can feel my faith slipping away. How can I believe in something that feels so wrong? I feel like an outsider. 
I feel like I don’t belong anywhere until I meet Liam. The first man to show me what love is turns out to be just like the rest of them. 
I’m done putting my faith in men. I’ll save myself.
LIAM
Cults - I have this intense hunger for revenge against them. 
Because of them, my sister took her own life. 
Instead of getting my revenge, I get Mila. She changes things. But when I begin to unravel the secrets of her past that revenge comes back. I can’t forgive her for belonging to a cult. I blame her.
There’s only one problem, somehow that love I felt for her is coming back and my hate is turning to lust. 
In the end I’m the one who needs saving.
“Can I just go into hiding and read the rest of this authors books? I really haven't read enough and reading this book just confirms that.” - Philomena 5 Star Review
“A TOUCH OF LUST: kicks starts us off in 'Prologue' and sets us up for a nail biting sit on the edge of your seat kind of read…..” - Kitty Kats Crazy About Books 5 Star Review

“Had the pleasure of beta-reading this wild baby. Highly recommended.” - Author L.J. Shen 5 Star Review


This book had an interesting concept. Two kids devastated in different ways by two different cults.


Liam and Mila have huge experiences to overcome and by chance meet each years later. Attending the same college, Liam is practically in love in the shy and quiet Mila and finally has the nerve to ask her out. Unfortunately it is right before he is leaving and only has the summer to have any chance with her. Mila lives in fear, fear that they are coming for her, fear that she didn't do enough, fear that her every day life is a fantasy. She has never taken the time to just live and be a young women. She doesn't date, certainly doesn't have relationships and lives almost on the outskirts of life. Then along come Liam. He is an example of good things happening to bad circumstances. He has friends, has a future but now he wants the one thing that has always alluded him.


Like I said the story had an interesting concept and not everything worked out they way you wanted it to. That was one of the things that I liked the most, I actually like a little disappointment because it gives stories a more real feel. This books packed in a lot of drama and angst and lust. There were some things that I didn't love about the story and it might of been a case of being me and not the book. This is not my typical genre nor my typical characters, there were some reactions and situations that just didn't sit well for me. Also there are parts of the story that seemed long and some that seemed to wrap up too quickly. Overall, I wanted to know how it was going to end and see what happened with Mila and Liam. I was interested in their story and even interested in those around them. It also felt like a fast read, while it was on the heavier side I found myself flying through the pages. I feel like there is more to come from the others that we meet, so I look forward to see where the author goes next.
~Jess


International bestselling author of Predator, The Monster Series and many others. She loves writing anything from Young Adult to Suspense Romance.

HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment