Thursday, February 9, 2017

Release Blitz ~ A Thousand Letters by Staci Hart




Title: A Thousand Letters
Author: Staci Hart
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: February 9, 2017





Blurb

Sometimes your life is split by a single decision.

I’ve spent every day of the last seven years regretting mine: he left, and I didn’t follow. A thousand letters went unanswered, my words like petals in the wind, spinning away into nothing, taking me with them.

But now he’s back.

I barely recognize the man he’s become, but I can still see a glimmer of the boy who asked me to be his forever, the boy I walked away from when I was young and afraid.

Maybe if he’d come home under better circumstances, he could speak to me without anger in his voice. Maybe if I’d said yes all those years ago, he’d look at me without the weight of rejection in his eyes. Maybe if things were different, we would have had a chance.

One regretted decision sent him away. One painful journey bought him back to me. I only wish I could keep him.

*A contemporary romance inspired by Jane Austen’s Persuasion*





Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited

 



Review

This is one of those books that I am going to have a hard time reviewing. It grabbed my attention and left me emotionally raw. Immediately you are sucked into the pain felt when losing someone close to you, followed by the soul crushing feelings of seeing the "one" again. The one that got away, the one that didn't understand and left you unsettled and stranded.

Wade and Elliot were once everything to each other. They should have had the fairy-tale until young hearts and minds destroyed that fantasy. Now years later they are brought together by tragedy. Watching the two of them go through what is coming while wading through their own issues touched me deep inside. This book was hard because these characters bare their whole beings and you can't help but get lost in what they are feeling.

Wade is not the same as he once was, hardened by war and time. He struggles to be the man he needs to be for his family and Elliot's constant presence isn't helping matters any. Elliot is this character that is strong but deserves so much more than she has been given. I hurt for her, I hated her family and hated the situation she found herself in. 

This story was brought together by beautiful words and deep content. The author's words found their way inside me and took me on a journey. I read this in a day, only stopping to take a few much needed breaths and let my heart absorb what was going on. This author has again enraptured me with something a bit different and fantastic story-telling. 

~Jess


 
Author Bio


Staci has been a lot of things up to this point in her life: a graphic designer, an entrepreneur, a seamstress, a clothing and handbag designer, a waitress. Can't forget that. She's also been a mom, with three little girls who are sure to grow up to break a number of hearts. She's been a wife, even though she's certainly not the cleanest, or the best cook. She's also super, duper fun at a party, especially if she's been drinking whiskey. Her favorite word starts with f and ends with k.

From roots in Houston, to a seven year stint in Southern California, Staci and her family ended up settling somewhere in between and equally north, in Denver. They are new enough that snow is still magical. When she's not writing, she's sleeping, cleaning, or designing graphics.



Author Links




No comments:

Post a Comment