Sunday, March 5, 2017

Ali's Review ~ Reminiscent Hearts by Rachel De Lune

Reminiscent HeartsReminiscent Hearts by Rachel De Lune
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

★★★★
~Ali~
Reminiscent Hearts introduces us to Jake and Lily. We follow their story from their teens through adulthood. DeLune uses a past to present, duel POV storytelling style which really adds to the emotional buildup for this story. I felt right in the thick of the story and inside those telling the story. I love her writing style. The main characters were well developed throughout the book and created a bond between the reader and the characters. The secondary characters were somewhat lacking in comparison. Jumping through time was needed to explain the backstory and bond between young Jake and Lily and gave us an understanding of why they are the way they handle themselves as adults however at times it made you want to strangle them and hurry the process up. This was my first book by DeLune and I enjoyed it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment