Sunday, March 5, 2017

Cassie's Review ~ Pucked Off by Helena Hunting

Pucked Off (Pucked, #5)Pucked Off by Helena Hunting
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

★★★★★
~Cassie~
Pucked Off is book five in the Pucked series, and each book can be read as a standalone. You can start with this book and not be lost at all. I have only read the first book in the series, but I am going to rectify this situation because I loved this book!

Pucked Off is Lance’s book. I know that Helena is known for her hilariousness in her books, but Lance’s book was so much more. He is broken and a shell of the man you could see he had the potential to be, and all I could do was root for him. He has a reputation as a player, but the reputation was not the real story. He had so many demons from his mom to a very destructive and toxic relationship. Those two ladies did so much damage to him both physically and mentally. It tore my heart out reading his story. A chance third meeting with the heroin was exactly what he needed and she was exactly the kind of girl that was perfect for him. I absolutely loved her. She was sweet, sensitive and never judgmental of Lance’s many issues. She accepted him for who he was and never expected more or pushed him beyond what he was comfortable with.

These two had chemistry that would not stop. This was not the first time they had this chemistry either, but there was one small problem. The problem being Lance does not remember the other two times that they have met. Our girl does not want to bring it up because she is somewhat embarrassed that he doesn’t seem to remember her. But, once Lance remembers her he definitely does not want to let her go because she represents times in his life when he was actually happy. I loved everything about them together, but it was not all smooth sailing. They do have to work for their happily ever after, but it is worth the wait and just the right amount of drama.

I absolutely loved everything about Pucked Off. It was funny, sexy and intense. Helena Hunting outdid herself on this book. This is a must read!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment