Sunday, March 5, 2017

Cassie's Review ~ Running Mate by Katie Ashley

Running MateRunning Mate by Katie Ashley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

★★★★
~Cassie~
Running Mate is my first Katie Ashley book, and it won't be my last! I have really been enjoying my political reads, and this book fit the bill perfectly.

Running Mate is Barrett and Addison's story. I loved them from start to finish. Barrett's dad is running for president and his playboy reputation is hurting his dads campaign. The campaign decides he needs a fiancé. I loved the fact that Barrett was willing to do this for his dad. He may not believe in relationships and can be somewhat selfish, but when it comes to his family he will do anything for them. Barrett was sarcastic, funny and sometimes a little crude but I loved that side of him too. But when his softer side showed was when he was really swoon worthy. Let's just say that when he and Addison met she did not find him swoon worthy. I have to say she might be one of my favorite heroines. She was strong willed, independent and passionate about her work. I loved that she didn't immediately fall in love with Barrett who was so used to woman just falling at his feet. She had a brain and was not afraid to use it.

My favorite part of the book was the banter between Barrett and Addison. I could feel the tension between them, whether it was barely being able to stand next to each other to the sexual tension. I also loved that what started out as strangers moved to friendship and finally love. It wasn’t easy and they both get in their own way, and each other's way. But once they finally get out of each other's way it was worth the wait!

If you are looking for a fun, sexy, fast paced read this is the book for you. Katie Ashley did a wonderful job of building just the right amount of angst to keep you turning the page until the very end. This is a must read!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment