Sunday, March 5, 2017

Erin's Review ~ The Bastard Billionaire by Jessica Lemmon

The Bastard Billionaire (Billionaire Bad Boys, #3)The Bastard Billionaire by Jessica Lemmon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description
Eli Crane has recently returned home from his latest deployment. Forever changed by war, now discharged from the military, he is reluctantly working for his families business. His cranky attitude and his disinterest has him tearing through assistants. After firing or scaring away ten personal assistants, Isabella Sawyer, owner of Sable Concierge steps in to ensure she doesn't lose an important account such as the Crane's. From the minute they meet, it's evident this is story is going to sizzle.
We are given two strong and tenacious characters. Neither willing to back down. The attraction and chemistry between them is palpable, yet we must first witness the push and pull of denial and professionalism. These two really pulled me in with their banter and wit, as well as their drive.
I enjoyed watching them evolve throughout, slowly letting their walls come down. Allowing each other, and us, to see a different side. We were given whole, deep characters with all their strengths but also their vulnerabilities and insecurities. It was hard seeing them fight their feelings and their inability to move forward (Eli's specifically) was frustrating at times. The drama created by this kept me engaged and had me talking out loud to the characters.
I loved how Lemmon incorporated Eli's family into the story. This is my first book from her and while reading it's quite clear that it is not the first in the series. I fell in love with the secondary characters so much that I can't wait to go back and read their stories.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment