Sunday, March 5, 2017

Erin's Review ~ End of Eden by S.L. Jennings

End of Eden (Se7en Sinners, #2)End of Eden by S.L. Jennings
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4.5-5 Stars
~Erin~
Another gripping and evocative installment of Jennings' Se7en Sinners Series. We are immediately thrust back into Eden's gritty and dark story. Caught in a battle between heaven and hell, angels and demons, Eden must fight to survive. As if that isn't hard enough, add in the fact that she is a woman torn. Torn between good and evil. Throughout this novel we watch as she tries to discover who she really is and find her place in the world, all while struggling against the darkest parts of herself.
This book, much more than the first, challenged me, pushed my limits. There were several times that I was uncomfortable by what Eden was faced with. I had a variety of conflicting emotions, both frustrated with Eden and her indecision and absolutely in love with her story at the same time!
The introduction of several new characters made for quite a complex story. Adversaries? Protectors? As we learned in Born Sinner, we can never take anyone at face value. With as much at stake as there is in this series, we can't be sure of anyone's motives. Every time I think I have an understanding of what is going on, more questions arise.
In true Jennings fashion, I was pulled in by her vivid prose and held captive by her rich storyline and bold characters. This story was filled with action, suspense, betrayal, passion, heartbreak, and so much more. As I neared the end of the book, I found myself shouting at Eden, begging her to trust in Legion. I knew that we'd be left on the edge of a cliff, waiting for the next installment of the series, but that didn't stop me from frantically trying to turn pages that weren't there. This book has left me with so many feelings and questions yet to be answered. I can't wait to find out what will become of Eden and L, of the Se7en, of Nikolai, of everyone else I've come to care about, and of the world as we know it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment