Sunday, March 5, 2017

Jess's Review ~ Mastering Her Senses by Laura Kaye

Mastering Her Senses (Blasphemy, #2)Mastering Her Senses by Laura Kaye
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

I think my kindle caught on fire...whoa betty.

Master Quinton is devilish Dom, he likes to play with senses and deprivation but outside of Blasphemy he is full of life and the thrill of experiences. Cassia played at Blasphemy before and was not a stranger to all that Master Quinton has to offer, but time and a scary incident leave her feeling lost and afraid. Before the incident, Cassia also lived for the thrill of life; traveling, exploring, riding and now she can't even sleep with the light off. Quinton has made it is his mission to help her get past this crippling fear and he is pretty sure that he knows just the way to do it.

And oh boy, it's a sensually exciting ride.

While this is not the first book in the series, each one surrounds different characters. They can be read as standalones, but I have found that knowing the other people who you see in the story is part of the fun. This book was pretty quick and smoking hot. I was still able to connect with the characters even though you move quickly through their lives and you can almost feel what Cassia feels, so there were times my heart was pounding right along with hers. All of these books have been an insta-love type of book and while usually it annoys me I have found that I don't mind so much anymore. The stories get wrapped up so quickly that there is a lot happening in a short period of time. But they are great, waiting for an oil-change, while blushing and fidgeting in your seat type of books. And I believe this one is going to roll into another series in the works that I am now pretty excited to start.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment