Sunday, March 19, 2017

Jess's Review ~ The Silver Swan by Amo Jones

The Silver Swan (Elite Kings Club, #1)The Silver Swan by Amo Jones
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

description
This was an interesting read for me for a few reasons.

One it left me looking around because...what the fuck just happened. I read books with cliffhangers all the time. I read books with crazy things happening. BUT rarely do a read a book that has me "what the helling" throughout.

Two this was not my normal type of read in the sense that I normally do not read books where the characters are in high school. Like not ever, I don't like them, the characters usually bother me, the stories usually get under my skin. BUT this...this was not any of those annoying things.

Three, here I am days later, and I'm still thinking about what I read. Mulling over the ending, going back through because maybe I missed a piece of the puzzle because I'm feeling...I don't even know.

Madison Montgomery is starting a new school and not just any school; a preppy, rich school. Her name carries quite the reputation and not the kind that any 17 year old wants to have. As this book started I thought for sure I wasn't going to like it but the more I read, the more I wanted to know about Madi's past and the Elite Kings that graced the lunch room. These characters are unlike your normal high school characters. While they still have some juvenile problems, they are living in a very grown up world with very grown up situations.

The Kings all have this mysterious aura about them with large personalities. The type that sucked the air right out the book. Bishop seems like the leader of the club immediately and with that comes cold stares and brooding behaviors. Let's not forget the lies and riddles that come afterwards. All of the members of this "club" have this thing about them and they are impossible to figure out. Some are not friendly and some are too friendly and some are just there stalking in the background.

This book leaves you with more questions than answers. While a few things get resolved there is still so much unanswered. There is so much of the story still missing. I can't wait to get my paws on the next book in hopes that some of the mysteries will be resolved.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment