Sunday, March 5, 2017

Jess's Review ~ Throne of Truth by Pepper Winters

Throne of Truth (Truth and Lies Duet, #2)Throne of Truth by Pepper Winters
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

description

A deep and thrilling follow-up to Crown of Lies. This book thankful answers all of your questions, which means there is not a lot I can say about the content. You must read book one first to be able to appreciate who these characters are and what they have gone through thus far.

We find ourselves right where we were left off but in someone else's POV. We get to learn all of the ins and out of Penn Everett and what a character he is. He lives just over the line between good and bad but his struggles and journey were what was really captivating about him. Elle is all business, even when her business sense isn't going to help her, especially in the hands of Greg. She is strong and demanding but sometimes those qualities are not enough. Her life is not some client to be won or something that can be bartered with.

This book was a journey I didn't expect, I think I say that all the time when it comes to Pepper Winter's books. There is something poetic about her storytelling that gets me every time. This time I got sucked into the lives of Penn and Elle and whether or not the truths will set them free or if they will just be pawns in this game of life. The tension in this book was palpable and you feel what the characters are feeling. I became anxious while waiting for things to happen, I held my breath while things played out, I was lost in lust for Penn and simply enamored by the story. It was a great ending to this duet and has left me just not in the mood for anything else.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment