Sunday, March 5, 2017

Shy's Review ~ All the Frogs in Manhattan by Carrie Aarons

All the Frogs in ManhattanAll the Frogs in Manhattan by Carrie Aarons
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description
This was a sometimes surprising but extremely entertaining story. Carrie Aarons is a new author for me but this was a great first look at her work.

In this story I was introduced to Gemma, a hard working woman in the beauty industry who is searching for her happily ever after and finding a lot of frogs along the way. I also met Oliver, a nerdy tech millionaire who doesn't believe in love, but is all for a good time. When these two meet it's following yet another bad date for Gemma. But they both see something in the other that sparks their interest, and the next thing they know, they are involved in a no strings attached relationship. But the strings slowly start forming and it makes for a fantastic read as you see how they will handle what they never thought would happen.

Both Gemma and Oliver were pretty likable characters for me. And they had a refreshing amount of honesty between them. Some of the things they said to each other and talked about were kind of surprising but in a funny way. I wasn't used to characters being quite so free with their thoughts. I loved the strength that Gemma showed especially in certain hard situations. She made what she thought were the right choices for her even when they weren't the easy choice to make. Oliver was a hot, nerdy workaholic who definitely had some growing and selfish realizing to do in this story.

I ended up really liking it overall. It had a good balance of all the important elements I look for in a story. I would recommend this as a really nice, steamy romantic comedy.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment