Sunday, March 5, 2017

Shy's Review ~ The Boxer by Piper Rayne

The Boxer (Modern Love, #2)The Boxer by Piper Rayne
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

In this sequel to The Bartender, these two authors have created another enjoyable story with The Boxer. This time we have Thalia and Lucas as our main characters.

In book 1 of this series, we were introduced to Thalia and she got a heartbreaking surprise when she learned that her fiancé had been cheating on her. This book picks up with Thalia mourning the loss of her relationship and her friends trying something drastic to help her move on. Their first step is taking her to a boxing match were she meets Lucas. Sparks fly between the two but that night turns out to be just the first of many embarassing, funny, steamy, and emotional encounters between them. While they get to know each other and their relationship evolves, Thalia trys to let down her walls amd trust, but when she begins to suspect Lucas is keeping things from her, their relationship may not survive the truth.

So after reading this story the first thing that really stood out for me was how much I really liked Lucas and Lennon. Not in a 'I want them to be together' kind of way. I liked them as individual characters. Lucas was really down to earth and considerate. His only flaw or mistake, to me, was absolutely forgivable. Lennon just had a really big personality and was very much her own person. I like those kinds of characters and I can't wait to read her book. Thalia was a good character, but I didn't connect with her the way I did with Lucas and Lennon.

Overall this was a good story. The plot was interesting and kept my attention. The pace was steady. We got to revisit with Cole and Whitney from the first story. And we got a perfect setup for book three that has me excited and wishing it was April already.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment