Sunday, March 5, 2017

Shy's Review ~ If You Were Mine by Melanie Harlow

If You Were MineIf You Were Mine by Melanie Harlow
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

description
This was an emotional journey involving two characters that both needed to grow, but only time will tell if they can grow together or if their growth will tear them apart.

Theo and Claire meet under a unique set of circumstances and weren't supposed to spend more than one evening in each others company before going their separate ways. But one night isn't enough for either of them.

Theo was a good man with a lot of trust issues. With his past, I couldn't blame him. But the more I got to know about him, the more I wanted him to over come those issues and find happiness with Claire. The way he was with his nieces and sister in law, you just knew he was all heart and it broke mine as I continued to watch him make mistakes that took happiness away from him.

Claire was the sweet, girl next door type that you can just imagine yourself being friends with. But her love life is practically nonexistent and she has the worst luck with men. Watching her open up and work through her fears and overly cautious nature with and because of Theo was one of the best parts of the story. I loved seeing her come come out of her shell, even when it meant putting Theo in his place and calling him out on his crap. Maybe especially then.

This author is steadily becoming a must read for me with the way she writes emotion in such a way that I feel as I read. I get invested in the characters and I enjoy every word as I watch them work through their personal battles to find a happy ending. I really enjoyed this story and look forward to more books by this author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment