Sunday, March 19, 2017

Shy's Review ~ The Trouble With Bachelors by Caitlyn Blue

The Trouble With Bachelors (Windy City Bachelors, #1)The Trouble With Bachelors by Caitlyn Blue
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

Emma and Zach are paired together as maid of honor and best man for a wedding and their first combined wedding party event dredges up feelings both new and unexpected. The two already have history that didn't end well, and while their chemistry becomes undeniable, there are plenty of hurtles in their way.

Emma had a huge crush on Zach in high school. But he's her sister's ex-boyfriend and even though her sister is marrying Zach's best friend, Emma knows Zach is still considered off limits. The fact that he has a bad reputation with women doesn't help matters either. When they give in and start what is supposed to just be a wedding fling, feelings begin forming and soon they're forced to consider if they could possibly be more.

I really enjoyed the dual POV of this story. It gave great insight and helped me connect with Zach in a way I don't think I could have had it been only told from Emma's side. And I really liked Zach. I spent most of the book thinking he was given a really hard time unnecessarily and that he really was a good guy. I also had the occasional moment where I wanted to scream at Emma a little. Some of her choices were questionable for me.

But overall this was a really good story with a great setup for upcoming books. I would definitely recommend this one and hope to read more from this author in future.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment