Sunday, March 5, 2017

Tiffany's Review ~ Elegant Retribution by Tee Smith

Elegant RetributionElegant Retribution by Tee Smith
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars



Lilijana Bartholomew was always teased and bullied in school. When she turns up pregnant by someone she always had a crush on, she ends up beat down by her father. With nothing left to do she calls upon a stranger she met outside an abortion clinic.
Denim Gargliano owns strip clubs, among various other businesses. Needing a temporary manager at one of his clubs, he hires Lili. She's sweet and innocent, and he can't keep his mind off of her. When trouble comes calling and she has to do the unthinkable to save his life, things start to change.
I had mixed feeling for both the story, and the characters. I felt the story line had great potential, but the characters needed a bit more. Both were quick to jump to conclusions. Lili was very gullible and too trusting, until it came to the one man who wanted to help her. She finally grew a back bone at the very end and stood up for herself confronting her past.
I think this was pretty well written. It was my first book by this author, I just couldn't fall in love with the characters like I wanted to. It seemed to be set in Australia although there wasn't a lot to indicate that.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment