Thursday, April 27, 2017

Cassie's Review ~ Fighting for Love by Kelly Elliott

Fighting for Love (Boston Love, #2)Fighting for Love by Kelly Elliott
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

★★★★
~Cassie
Fighting for love is the second book in the Boston Love series. Each book can be read as a standalone. This was my first book and I was not lost at all. Kelly Elliott gives the reader a great love story and she did not disappoint with this book!
Fighting for Love is Finn and Rory’s story. Finn is a lady’s man and does not believe in relationships. At least that is what he thinks! I liked Finn and his sense of humor and his soft side when it came to his family and friends. And then there is Rory. Rory is a workaholic lawyer working at her mom’s law firm. She feels like she is always trying to prove something. I liked Rory, but I did not like how she let her parents have so much control over her life, especially her dad. They treat her like a child and she lets them. That is my biggest complaint about Rory, but she is such a sweet and loving person it’s easy to love her.
Rory and Finn first lay eyes on each other at a meeting and feel an instant connection, and usually I don’t like that but it was written so well that I did like it. Even though they felt an instant connection they took it slow and got to know each other. It was tough too because they had so much chemistry that you wanted them together now, but the wait just made it better. They had so many obstacles to overcome. The main problem is her dad who is Finn’s boss and has an extreme dislike for him. Do they have what it takes to overcome her parents and their own issues to get to their happily ever after?
Fighting for love was an emotional read, but also a funny one! I loved all the secondary characters and how it made the book so much more than just about the main characters. I loved this book from start to finish. A definite read!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment