Thursday, April 27, 2017

Diane's Review ~ Anson by Maggie Ryan & Alta Hensley

Anson (The Black Stallion Trilogy Book 3)Anson by Maggie Ryan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description
Love and danger in equal measure…
This is the third and final book in the Black Stallion trilogy and I think it is my favourite! Following the Steele brothers’ family quest to stop a human trafficking scheme, this series has been all about heart-stopping suspense, danger and, of course, true love! This is good vs evil on the world stage with a BDSM-infused plot and brothers, and the women who come to mean everything to them, battling for their lives even as they find themselves falling in love…
“Your f***king eyes have literally haunted my dreams since that awful night I had to let you go…”
Anson has been tormented with guilt and regret as time went by and Natalia was no closer to being found. When they finally reunite it is with strength and resolve and just a bit of miscommunication. Natalia is not a fragile flower and she shows what she is made of as they both fight their common enemy…
“God, she had spirit and sass…”
There were some unexpected twists to this rescue story that surprised me and added so much to Anson and Natalia’s romance. If wasn’t a traditional ‘boy meets girl” tale – far from it. Their feelings grew from not just physical attraction but mutual respect and admiration as they found themselves fighting surrounded by unimaginable danger. Yet despite the dark overtones, they fought through it all with humour and grit and a ‘take charge’ attitude that endeared themselves to each other (and me!). While I wondered how the BDSM element would feel in this plot line it was done so naturally it worked, and worked well.
I hope for a lot more from this talented author duet!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment