Thursday, April 27, 2017

Diane's Review ~ Dancing in the Rain by Kelly Jamieson

Dancing in the RainDancing in the Rain by Kelly Jamieson
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

description
Emotional in a way I’ve never read from this author….
My heart hurts. It is sad and achy in a way I’ve never had after reading this author’s hockey romances. Don’t get me wrong – I’ve enjoyed each and every one of her books I’ve read. Characters that resonate and stories that have the right amount of drama are par for the course. This one, though, upped the ante in the emotion department and I’m still recovering.
Drew was a hockey player. And he’s not sure what he is anymore other than an ex-…. When he suddenly becomes a father, well, that breaks through his drowning days and creates a new purpose. New purpose, new challenges, and new joy side by side situations he’s never had to face before… Uncertainty was the word of the day and he dealt with it well. For the most part…
Peyton is going through one of the hardest times of her life. She’s trying to keep it together, for her sister and niece, for her employer. When Drew becomes part of the mix the feelings she is going through have only become more complicated… I liked her straight-forward, honest way of dealing with every hit that came along.
I’m a big fan of hockey romances and while this one may not be what I typically think of as a sports romance, the story – the emotions, the characters – made me quickly forget about ice-time. Saying that, it seems like this wasn’t a typical romance either. Peyton and Drew were definitely working towards something but it seemed secondary to the bigger story that enveloped everyone. While it wasn’t the story I envisioned, it was more than enough.
Bring your tissues and clear your calendar because this will be a one-sitting read!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment