Thursday, April 27, 2017

Diane's Review ~ Defiant Temptation by Lynn Stookes

Defiant Temptation (Harden, #3)Defiant Temptation by Lynn Stookes
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

description

My heart was pummeled… and I loved it!
“I’m done with you.”
There were so many hits to the heart I’m not sure when it stopped aching. And maybe, it actually hasn’t… This series has made me both smile and cry and this instalment has carried on the tradition of making me sad and happy, sometimes at the same time… If you haven’t read the first two books in the Harden series, you will want to. There is an overarching plot that carries on here with characters and events that have been building to take us to this point… And, honestly, you don’t want to miss a minute of it!
“He’s the one who drives me absolutely batty, but makes my heart beat a mile a minute when he’s near.”
Tristan and Harper are getting their chance as the ‘will they, won’t they’ comes to an emotional head. Harper has been dealt an incredible blow and Tristan, surprisingly is the one to step up and be there for her. I didn’t understand the heavy emphasis on why Tristan felt he wasn’t right for Harper but, thankfully, they had so much to deal with that it quickly became the least troublesome of their worries.
“Not gonna happen, Harper…”
“Never said I wanted it to happen, Tristan.”
The emotions that Tristan and Harper were both going through were felt in every conversation, every inner thought and above all, in the actions that they both took. For good or bad, Tristan was not going to allow Harper to go it alone and his dogged determination to fight his own misgivings made her (and my) heart flutter… It wasn’t easy as the back and forth between them was going to be marred with harsh words and miscommunication, but each misstep meant an opportunity to be honest and move forward… Oh yes, drama aplenty and all of it making me feel it all.
The way all the threads come together in a complicated, yet ultimately deceptively simple, way drive these characters and a story to a more than satisfying conclusion. One of my favourite reads this year!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment