Thursday, April 27, 2017

Diane's Review ~ Fear the Beard by Lani Lynn Vale

Fear the Beard (The Dixie Warden Rejects MC #2)Fear the Beard by Lani Lynn Vale
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

description
Real people, real love…
I’m sure I’ve run out of gushing, fawning things to say about this author’s books that I’ve read, reviewed and waxed poetic about… I have to try though because with Tommy and Tally’s story I have to come up with words to do it justice…
“Please be patient, I’m fucking things up as fast as I can.” –Tally to Tommy
The characters, as usual, are real. They have real, everyday problems. They are strong, funny, and often quirky. Independent, warm, loving. And battle the day to day challenges we all do. Add to that a sexy hero that will make you swoon and, well, yeah… Be prepared for a story that will make you smile, go “aww” and get you revved up all over the course of so many chapters and pages. In truth, this is a (thankfully) familiar, par for the plot, turn of reading events…
Tally is a single mom with her eye always to her and her daughter’s future. She wrote the book on independence and steadiness but Tommy may just veer her off course. Not that that course is bad in any way… Tommy is a wonderful combination of strong, sexy and manly man that would have any woman sitting up and taking notice. When love is forbidden, is exactly when things become very, very interesting…
Despite hospital rules this nurse-in-training and doctor-in-residence are going to spark and fly together. And walking on the wild side never felt so good…
“Women remember stuff that hasn’t even happened yet.”
If the ‘forbidden’ aspect was referenced a bit too often for me that was a minor point in an otherwise emotional powerhouse. LLV kept me enthralled as usual. I have barely turned the last page and I’m already waiting impatiently for the next story… And, not surprisingly, I had more than a few snickers at the chapter quote/titles, they always make me smile and laugh!
LOL:
“I used to be addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around.”
“Don’t be sad, laundry. Nobody is doing me, either.”


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment