Thursday, April 27, 2017

Diane's Review ~ Fire On The Farm by Betty Shreffler

Fire On The Farm (Second Chance Cowboy Romance)Fire On The Farm by Betty Shreffler
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

description
Never say no to love…
The storyline – and that incredible cover – caught my attention right away. Cowboys and horses vie with tragedy and loss in what was sure to be an emotional romance.
Amy had been brought to her knees with grief and found her way back to living only with the help of her connection to the farm and the horses she loved. Forging a new path for herself, alone, was incredibly hard but she found a way…. Until Brock came along and shook up her hard-won peace.
The farm, the horses, all were drawn with so much clarity it felt like almost being there among the beautiful pastures. Horses are such noble animals and seeing them be part of Amy’s recovery felt just right. Of course, life is unpredictable and Brock was an unexpected wrench in her focused path. Saying he threw her for a loop is a huge understatement. Neither could deny the attraction, though, and Brock was determined to quietly, completely, overcome any and all misgivings Amy might have… And that he did…
All the elements were there for a heart-wrenching story of loss and love found so I was surprised to find myself not quite invested as I hoped I’d be. There were so many emotional highs and lows but I was kept at arms-length somehow and I wanted, needed, to feel those emotions deeper than I did. With a few plot bird walks that, for me, didn’t fit, I found myself liking this romance more than loving it.
Saying that, however, this author has a clear gift for storytelling with characters and a plot that were compelling. I’ll be looking for more…


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment