Thursday, April 27, 2017

Erin's Review ~ After the Dark by Cynthia Eden

After the Dark (Killer Instinct, #1)After the Dark by Cynthia Eden
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

description

Intense and gripping, After The Dark had me on the edge of my seat from start to finish. A twisted thrill ride that held me captive throughout.
FBI Profiler, Samantha Dark has just suffered a significant loss. The loss of the career that she loved, the loss of a man she cared for deeply, and the loss of her confidence in her skills. One moment, one horrific event, and her life was forever changed. Knowing her life will never be the same, she goes home to Alabama. Leaving everything she's worked for and the man she thought she could love behind.
Agent Blake Gamble is not ready to let Samantha go. She may not be his partner anymore but when a serial killer sends a message her way, he knows he needs her help to stop the killer. He's never given up hope that there could be more between them and now that she's in danger, he'll stop at nothing to protect her and make her his.
Samantha and Blake were brilliant, capable, and brave. They were multi-dimensional and deep. I liked how their jobs were such an important part of who they were. We learned so much about them by how they approached their work. Together, these two were hot. There was no denying their connection.
Eden delivers a dark and complex story. The suspense was palpable, pulling you deeper into the story. With danger around every corner there was a constant feeling of unease. She cleverly wove together a variety of different aspects. The heartbreak of loss, the brutality of the murders, the passion of Samantha and Blake's romance, the tension and anticipation. I was mesmerized and I couldn't put this book down. I'm excited to see that this is just the start of the series and I'm looking forward to reading more about this team.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment