Thursday, April 27, 2017

Jess's Review ~ Avenged by Jay Crownover

Avenged (MacKenzie World #6)Avenged by Jay Crownover
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

description

This was another first time author for me but as I am a big fan of the MacKenzie series and have heard nothing but great things about Jay Crownover, I dove right in. Now since I don't know these characters I got to come at them with fresh eyes and no background. As a result, I found a new author and a whole bunch of books I need to read.

Echo has had terrible past number of months only to crash in the middle of nowhere. And to be saved by a big bearly mountain man...or is he. Benny was sent to Surrender on a vacation of sorts. A place that no one can find him and he can stay out of trouble. On the day he decides to turn over a new leaf is the same day that Snow White crashes near his cabin. These two characters had a ton of personality and history that was jammed packed into this story. Echo comes from a pretty messed up past and Benny, well he's a fixer, just not for the best of people. Together they are explosive and bring out the better sides of each other.

This book was incredibly hot and an addicting read. While it was short it packed a punch and had a whole bunch of story in limited number of pages. This novella definitely made me want to see where these characters came from and the get the background to their lives in more detail.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment