Thursday, April 27, 2017

Jess's Review ~ Blurred Red Lines by Cora Kenborn

Blurred Red Lines (A Carrera Cartel Novel, #1)Blurred Red Lines by Cora Kenborn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

Full of suspense and action with a ton of content that kept me intrigued throughout. This is the first book that I have read by this author but I am sucker for the dark mafia world. I like the way it makes my heart pound and nails kept short. Being this is the first time I read this author I wasn't sure what to expect. I was definitely pleased. There was the snarky and bold Eden matched with a cold and brutal mafia boss, Valentin.

There was also a whole world of content that moved around the players. We are in the middle of a cartel war and no one can be trusted. Eden isn't looking for trouble, she isn't looking for anything really. She goes to work, has a few unattached "side-pieces" and then repeat. Until that one time where she is at the wrong place at the wrong time. Having already caught the eye of cartel king Valentin, she finds herself in the middle of something she has nothing to do with. We see how quickly the lines become blurred.

This book started off with a bang and then you spend the rest of the book trying to put it all together. You come up with theories and scenarios where the beginning could happen but it is not until later that it all makes sense. Through explosive chemistry and bombs we weave our way through this story that has you questioning things until the very end. There is sure potential to continue within this world as there are players that could get a story and still some unfinished business. I look forward to seeing where the author goes next.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment