Thursday, April 27, 2017

Jess's Review ~ Dirty Filthy Rich Men by Laurelin Paige

Dirty Filthy Rich Men (Dirty Duet, #1)Dirty Filthy Rich Men by Laurelin Paige
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

description

Loved it...I supposed i need to write more than that though huh...

I couldn't wait for this to land on my kindle after I read the prequel so to say I was excited to dive in would be an understatement. Here we are 10 years later; Sabrina, Weston are a bit more grown up and then there is Donovan. I was dying to know what would happen after all this time had passed; would they remember her, would they wonder what happened, and what would come of them.

Weston is a carbon copy of who he used to be. Charming, fun and a womanizer. It's no wonder Sabrina was easily swayed by his smile and presence. He is the light character you just love to read and fantasize about. You are positive there is more to him than what's on the surface but he is the breath of fresh air, for now. And then he offers her a position for his and Donovan's company and things get a bit more complicated.

Donovan is also very similar to the cold and unnerving man he used to be. He is also supposed to be on the other side of the planet but of course, he is not. He invokes strong feelings and not all of them are good. He is the best kind of asshole with a dirty mouth to boot. He is the type of character you want to strangle while giving all of your clothes to and I just loved him.

Sabrina, while older and wiser than her college self, is lost to the same feelings she once was. She needs something more than what life has given her. She is bold but shy, lost but not sinking, smart and works hard. The push and pull, the conflicting feelings, the over-the-top emotions and the desire to succeed in her position make this a tantalizing read.

I couldn't get enough of this book. It was one were I would read every free second I had until I got to the end. There was a small (like one line) appearance of one my all time favorite characters, that still puts a smile on my face, because it is never just "that Hudson Pierce guy." He is so much more than a mere mortal but Donovan Kincaid is surely giving him a run for his money.

I spent much of this book with a feeling of anticipation because somewhere along the way was going to be the "thing." For those who have read this author before understand what that means and I can tell you it was not disappointing but now we have to wait to see how it all plays out.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment