Thursday, April 27, 2017

Jess's Review ~ Never Surrender: A MacKenzie Family Novella by Kaylea Cross

Never Surrender: A MacKenzie Family Novella (Bagram Special Ops #6)Never Surrender: A MacKenzie Family Novella by Kaylea Cross
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

What an action packed novella, when a group of friends gather in Surrender for a wedding I don't think they ever expected to uncover terrorist activities. I mean, it was supposed to just be a nice relaxing wedding.

This book had a lot of characters and because I have never this author before at first I did have a hard time keeping track of who was who and how they came to be at the wedding. But quickly I figured out the important characters and we know that Candace and Ryan have yet to realize their happily ever after. Both being member of the armed services, in different capacities has definitely taken a toll on this couple. That being said, when they do get to connect, there is not a lot of talking to be had.

This was a good little snippet into this world that is already in progress and this book was well written and super engaging I am going to have to check out the other books in this series. I am a huge fan of the MacKenzie's so it was nice for the cameos that took place. There is not a lot of downtime in this book, there is a lot of action, some heat, a few laughs and a story all packed into a little package. This was my first of the MacKenzie family novellas and I can't wait for more.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment