Thursday, April 27, 2017

Jess's Review ~ Spies & Stilettos by Liliana Hart

Spies & Stilettos (The MacKenzie Family #12)Spies & Stilettos by Liliana Hart
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

description

This was a lot of action and suspense with a lot of players all rolled into one novella.

Elena has been part of the MacKenzie family since they saved her seven years ago, but she has not quite gotten over what happened to her and never quite felt at home. Now she is being sucked back into the life she escaped and things are about a bit dangerous.

Brady has been in love with Elena basically since he was part of the team that saved her, she just has no clue. When he finds out that she is in trouble, nothing is going to stand in his way to help her. Not rules, not feelings, not family.

This book has a lot of players and people involved. Having read much of this collection I didn't feel like I was lost but I did feel like I was missing some background. It didn't take away from my enjoyment, but there were times that I struggled to place everyone where they belonged in the family tree. Also, this book was less romance and way more action packed. It was an adrenaline rush from the beginning all the way through the end. Based on who these characters were, it made sense that there was almost no heat factor but it was a missed piece. But...had there been a lot of heat it would not have held true to how Elena was (or was not) coping with her own history. nor what kind of person Brady is.

I did really enjoy the end and the all of the pieces of this series coming together in one snap shot.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment