Thursday, April 27, 2017

Jess's Review ~ This Isn't Fair, Baby by K. Webster

This Isn't Fair, Baby (War & Peace, #6)This Isn't Fair, Baby by K. Webster
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

description

This series...I can't even explain it. Dark, bloody, erotic with each story a bit more damaged than the last.

Being that I have followed this series since the beginning, I always feel a bit nervous because I am not sure who is going to be left standing. We got a small taste of where Vee was in the last book but you don't get the fucked-up-ness of it all until this book. Taken, beaten and broken and in the hands of Esteban. But she is not one to be discounted. She is fierce and not too shy to do what she needs to survive.

We have met most of these characters before but I was surprised the most by Diego. He has a side to him that was unexpected but perfect. He is fits right in with his thirst for blood and filthy behavior. He pulls the strength out of Vee and makes her a queen. I was also surprised by Ozzy, I really expected something different from him and I'm still not sure if I have wrapped my head around it all.

This was so good and fit right into this series perfectly. I spent much of the time holding my breath and waiting.... K Webster has become one of my favorites, she weaves a story that is complicated and deadly. There is no good guys and bad guys, there is no sunshine and roses. There are characters that tow the line, fighters and damaged souls. Vee is another in a line of women who grew up way too early but takes life as it comes and makes it hers. She doesn't hold any delusions about the way her life should be and you fight for her to find her way out.

I am saddened that there is only one book left but look forward to it all the same.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment