Thursday, April 27, 2017

Jess's Review ~ Turning Back by J.A. Huss

Turning Back (Turning #2)Turning Back by J.A. Huss
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

description

Smoking hot...I'm certain my kindle needed to cool off when I was done.

So, in book one we learn the rules of the game but also know that Rochelle's unexpected exit left some turmoil with the players. Quinn is in going through life in his life on repeat. The games are done and he just can't get out of his head. Bric is "fine" he lost his best friend, can't seem to find a new player and is "looking" for a way to set it all right. And then Rochelle comes back...

This book felt a bit more intense than the first one. Maybe it is because feelings are high and we are inside of the heads of characters who know each other, or do they. Rochelle knows what she wants and is willing to sacrifice some pleasure to get it. I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about her, I was mad she left even before I met her. I didn't like how it took so long before all of her reasons came out and it always felt like she had a secret. But she has this soul-deep love for these men and is not scared of who she is and what she wants. Quin took me by surprise; he was mad and guarded. He even had this jealous edginess to him. He became way more complicated of a character than he was in book one. I felt like I was never going to figure out what he wanted, until you do. The last player in this new game was Bric. He also surprised me because he was just, I don't even know, lighter? funner? but at the same time always thinking and plotting.

This book oozed sexy and taboo. I was drawn into the story and wanted answers just as much as the men did. It really painted them all in a different light but it made them become more evolved as characters. I am already drooling over the final book, because Bric, well he is something else entirely.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment