Thursday, April 27, 2017

Jess's Review ~ White Pawn by Stevie J. Cole

White PawnWhite Pawn by Stevie J. Cole
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description
This book was wild. Obsession gone way too far, notoriety gone awry and a story that is beyond twisted.

Marissa is obsessed with a writer he goes by the name of Justin Wild. To get close to him she becomes what he desires, with carefully played moves she inserts herself into his life. Justin is pretty full of himself. He has money, fame, looks and whatever he wants at the time. He is not looking for anything other than a good time and then he meets Marissa. But this is not a bad-boy turned good, not a girl-next-door catches the eye of the famous writer, it's a messed up story of creepish obsession.

This book was interesting for me. It was one that I did not love either of our main characters. I had no real connection to them and I couldn't really root for either of them. Marissa's actions and behaviors were out if this world. Justin for all that he was on the outside, he was none of those things when you got to know him. But even though I disliked them it was the story that sucked me in. I couldn't wait to see what sort of crazy was going to happen next or where Ms. Cole was going to take this story. Never could I have anticipated the outcome and that was one of the reason I enjoyed this book so much.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment