Thursday, April 27, 2017

Lynzi's Review ~ A Charmed Little Lie by Sharla Lovelace

A Charmed Little Lie (Charmed in Texas, #1)A Charmed Little Lie by Sharla Lovelace
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

☆☆☆☆☆
~Lynzi
5 gloriously charming stars!!

I'm not gonna lie, I was skeptical going into this one, because the cover didn't really pull me in. But I am so glad that I HAD to read this book. Although the cover didn't pull me in, the story did. It pulled me in so ungodly fast, that I was shocked. So what I'm saying is...don't let this cover fool you.

Lanie has watched her mother lose herself because of love. So love was never something she even wanted to attempt. But her Aunt had different plans for her. She was never gonna let Lanie go through life without finding love and happiness. So when Aunt Ruby, who was her mother for all intents and purposes, got sick, she had to fib a little. Telling her she was happily married, might have never been a good idea. Because when her aunt dies, she throws Lanie for a loop. Her will is a whole bunch of craziness. So she needs to find a husband, and ASAP. Picking up a guy in a parking lot and paying him, doesn't seem like a good idea, but it's all she got. Little did she know, that guy, would change everything she ever thought.

Being fired from his job is not a good thing for Nick. Especially with a daughter to support. When this crazy woman walks into the diner he was just fired from, and asks him to play her husband, he knows she's lost her mind. She must definitely be crazy. But she offers to pay him, and money is what he needs. It's only for a day, in and out. So what could it hurt? Except it turns into so much more. Nick doesn't trust easy, if not at all. So when the plan he agreed to, turns into something entirely different, he starts to worry.

They both have walls built for different reasons. They both have their own baggage. So coming together as one, is rather hard. Especially when it's not done under love. But finding their way over those was and making things real is such a beautiful thing.

This story soothed my soul like no other. It has touched my heart in a way I can't even describe. So much, that it has taken me forever to write this review. I would type something up, then erase it, type something else up again, then erase it again. For the life if me I just couldn't find the words. So if this doesn't make sense, that's why. Lol

I absolutely loved this couple. I loved how they came together. I loved the things they went through as a 'fake' couple. I loved how they managed as a real couple. It was just perfect.

Now that town, and them people, oh my lord. I wouldn't be able to do it. Those people are horrible. But I think Lanie and Nick handled them rather well. ;)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment