Thursday, April 27, 2017

Shy's Review ~ Coping Skills by Jerica MacMillan

Coping Skills (Players of Marycliff University, #5)Coping Skills by Jerica MacMillan
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

description

I've been following this series since the beginning. And like with many series, some books you may like better than others. This was one that I certainly liked better.

Daniel and Elena were first introduced in a previous book. I liked them immediately so I was not only happy that they were getting their own story, but more so that it would be together. Elena seemed like a good friend and Daniel a really good guy in general. This book showed me even more.

Daniel wasn't your typical nice guy or bad boy. He wasn't a typical jock or nerd. He was this great blend of nice guy who was also a nerdy jock. He had a big heart that he wanted to share and after meeting Elena, that's who he wanted to share it with.

Elena on the other hand has just had the worst summer of her life and she isn't dealing well. Daniel presents as an amazing distraction and she can't resist. But the stressors in her life begin to be too much and Daniel's special brand of charm and persistence my not be enough to overcome Elena's hurt and emotional walls.

I loved the feeling and emotions in this story. I really connected with both characters, Daniel especially. I had those great book moments where I hurt when they hurt and I sometimes wanted to throttle them. But I always kind of understood where they were coming from. It helped me to just enjoy as I read and helped with my overall connection.

I continue to enjoy Jerica's work and look forward to more from her in future.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment