Thursday, April 27, 2017

Shy's Review ~ Forbidden Kisses by Annie Rains

Forbidden Kisses (Blushing Bay, #1)Forbidden Kisses by Annie Rains
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description


Forbidden Kisses was a story of second chances, over coming the past, and deciding what you can and cannot live without.

Jack and Grace met and felt their first stirrings of something more under forbidden circumstances. Jack's dad and Grace's mom used to be married. And when the marriage ended under terrible circumstances the two spent many years avoiding each other due to family hurt and hatred. But when Grace is in desperate need of a job, Jack does the only thing he can do, he offers her one. Working in such close proximity makes it impossible for the two to ignore those old feelings resurfacing. But the old hurts are still very much present and it becomes uncertain if the past can be overcome for the two to have a present or future together.

This was a good story with lots of emotion and so much to build upon. I really liked both Jack and Grace's characters. The emotion between them felt real. I liked that the obstacles seemed believable. I didn't need to suspend reality to understand why these things might come between them. I also liked the Sawyer family as a whole and a lot of the other supporting characters.

I look forward to the rest of the books in this new series. I am already invested in where things will go, and if this story is anything to go off of, they will be well told and an overall really good read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment