Saturday, May 27, 2017

Diane's Review ~ Without Words by Delancey Stewart

Without WordsWithout Words by Delancey Stewart
My rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

description
Starting over is not easy…
Rob and Dani are facing turning points in their lives though one is voluntary and the other is anything but… Rob is recovering physically from a career-ending injury while Dani is embarking on a life-long dream. Their paths cross again and again until they seem destined to walk that path together. Is this all hearts and flowers and unicorns? No, and that’s what makes their story so interesting…
“A little voice inside me told me she looked like hope. I told it to go f*** itself and leave me alone.”
Rob is finding his way at his own pace, which means no pressure from his family or anyone will move him until he is ready. Dani, on the other hand, couldn’t be more enthusiastic about the changes in her life so when she pulls Rob into her dream, the energy encompasses them both… There is attraction and chemistry as well as uncertainty between them as their close quarters and united goal uncover feelings and desires that both are hard pressed to ignore…
“Against my better judgment, despite everything I knew about men and about this man in particular, I agreed to go on a date with Rob.”
This story had me for most of the way with some plot choices at the end that, unfortunately, derailed the story for me. These characters were not perfect but they clicked in a way that steadily grew and made sense. All that effort seemed to go on the wayside in a blindside that felt wrong as it flew against the trust and feelings that had built in a hard-won struggle…
While the ending fell flat for me, the rest of the story was everything I look for in a romance with characters that had something to say and said it so well. Throw in a four-legged friend with all the charm along with it and I know I will be looking for more from this author…


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment